A results-oriented team leader with broad experience in leadership, the consumer, product merchandising, retail, and buying with unique ability to recruit, develop and motivate teams to exceed business objectives. Demonstrated ability to think strategically, work under pressure and deliver results in multiple environments.
Global/Geography Merchandise Manager December 2018-January 2021
Managed all aspects of the product creation and commercialization process from future season line planning to sell in and sell through. Built stories and products to inspire the best consumers, while taking market share.
- Built assortments and created moments for marketing the company.
- Partnered with Product creation to deliver the right product to the right consumer in the proper environment.
- Determined Marketplace segmentation strategies and product distribution plans.
- Prepared and lead all product presentations, videos, scripts, and tools for the entire product commercialization process that serve internal and external partners, served as Category Sales Director since September 2019
- Lead meetings with cross functional internal partners such as operations, marketing, and product.
- Planned market capacity for all products including margin, pricing, and exclusivity.
- Oversaw launch calendar and energy moments to capitalize on product commercialization.
- Managed all aspects of equipment for the company’s Team.
- Recapped and analyzed sales data and trends to inform and influence product decisions and marketplace reality.
- Mentored youth through the Big Brothers, Big Sisters organization, and the lunch time program.
- Provided unique experiences for high profile guests and employees as a Storyteller community leader.
Marketplace Merchandise Manager October 2015-December 2018
Delivered consumer right, tiered assortments for Equipment and all licensed apparel to satisfy the needs of the retailer and consumer.
- Delivered edited offerings and account specific assortments for multiple companies.
- Worked with category and account sales teams to sell in assortments that are based on the consumer, the unique position of the account and category vision.
- Actively participated and presented directly to the account at KAPM and CSI sessions.
- Lead Product Engagement sessions with DSG buying teams and internal product partners.
- Influenced and educated Category Merchandising online planning and mix of product to deliver the right assortments to DSG.
- Partnered with planning to improve key retail metrics and align on financials for the company and the wholesale partner.
- Traveled the market to understand the uniqueness of the competition.
- Communicated with senior leadership on a consistent basis and educate them on business successes and opportunities.
- Served as the cross-category Marketplace Merchant.
- A key partner in the company wide core segmentation project.
Category Merchandise Manager February 2013-October 2015
Delivered consumer right assortments to Sales and the marketplace to satisfy the needs of the retailer and consumer.
- Managed, edited, and delivered results in the highest volume EQ business with revenues exceeding $450M
- Exceeded sales and margin targets, while improving product efficiency metrics.
- Consistently edited and refined assortments to meet consumer needs.
- Served as the authority on EQ in North America to the commerce team and product creation teams.
- Collaborated with Demand Planning to ensure accurate forecasts that meet sales targets.
- Partnered with AA Demand Planning on forecasting, account call offs, and line planning.
- Embodied and demonstrated the Merchandising Principles daily.
- Influenced Global product creation to deliver consumer right products.
- Supported CSD & AE with samples, presentations, and sales programs.
- Traveled the market and facilitated consumer insight focus groups.
- Presented product lines at SIM, NAAF, and KAPM sales meetings.
- Assisted other Geography merchants with line plans and product information.
- Responsible for all the above points for Core FW & Headwear.
- Franchise management of bag lines.
Marketplace Transform Planner February 2012-February 2013
Influenced decisions through information and recommendations to the teams to drive profitable results.
- Delivered intelligence and analysis to influence the consumer right assortment in an enhanced shop execution.
- Assisted team in establishing Finish Line as the pinnacle, brand enhancing destination for the consumer.
- Filled both Assortment Planning and Business Planning roles for within MPT.
- Recapped, analyzed, and provided commentary for business in weekly, seasonal, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Led weekly conference call with merchants, RBP, sales, and Internal Finish Line AE team.
- Influenced Merchants on assortment needs through historical product recaps at various detail levels.
- Collaborated on foundational tools for fixture and shop capacity at style-color level.
- Established metrics for store selection process and provide analysis and recommendation on doors.
- Built and pulled data reports from Edifice data base with various filters and views of the business.
- Participated in weekly internal and external account conference calls.
- Fulfilled ad-hoc data request from the Merchandising Director for Action accounts.
Equipment Merchandise Manager/Buyer October 2007-February 2012
Created impactful merchandise assortments to satisfy consumer needs and drive revenue for 150 Factory and Clearance Stores.
- Exceeded sales, margin, turn and sell through budgets and goals.
- Consistently edited and refined assortments to authenticate sport and meet consumer needs.
- Served as the primary liquidation source for the brand.
- Led a cross-functional team of allocation, planning, product presentation and data management partners.
- Represented the buying team on Super User team, Vendor Compliance, and Inventory Management projects.
- Trained, recruited, developed, coached, and counseled the Buying Coordinator.
- Planned and executed markdowns and promotions.
- Created product planograms and Sports Headquarter seasonal initiatives.
- Presented product lines at GTM, territory meetings and North America Coaches Conference.
- Assisted other Geography buyers with line plans and product information.
- Maintained relationships with six external vendors.
Merchandise Information Supervisor March 2007-October 2007
Coached, managed, and developed the Merchandise Information Coordinator team consisting of twelve shared service, data entry MICs.
- Delivered completed data entry projects to cross-concept project owners.
- Assigned projects and managed Tracker project software.
- Engaged in Factory Store Leadership Team meetings.
- Hired seven employees and terminated one veteran team member.
- Facilitated the dissolution of the MIC team and supported direct reports through the transition process.
Allocation Analyst & Equipment October 2005-March 2007
Allocated all Equipment product sources to 95 Stores. Responsible for eleven new store opening assortments and shipment information. Represented the GMM team at the Bossier City, LA store opening.
- Managed store level orders and open to buy to hit financial metrics and ensure appropriate inventory levels.
- Collaborated with planning and merchandising partners on store needs.
- Excelled at District Expert Program, a two-way communication tool for GMM, and field partners.
- Aligned product delivery for new stores opening shipments and populated third party tracking documentation.
- Participated in two market visits to stores and provided on-site support for Central Valley, NY remodel.
Store Analyst May 2005-July 2005
Selected to participate in Developing Retail Employees to Achieve Movement Program; a paid internship opportunity for field employees to engage, interact and learn aspects of WHQ based jobs and operations within retail.
- Rotated through all aspects of GMM functions in a two-month period.
- Executed a buy where price negotiation was proposed and accepted.
- Worked with allocation partners to refine the assortments of stores.
- Volunteered for two company Golf events.
Store Manager June 1996-September 2005
Managed three progressively complex and increasingly larger volume Factory Stores. Established daily sales, annual sales, and profitability records in all stores. Rebuilt Central Valley, NY location post 9.11.
- Responsible for the development and promotion of twenty-five management and supervisor level employees.
- Financial responsibility for all metrics, P&L, KPI’s; staff levels over 100 and revenue over $13M.
- Developed wage management tools to ensure proper staffing levels and operate within wage budget.
- Recruited entire staff and managed complete store opening process for Lodi, OH location.
- Acted as Area Manager for Kentucky, Indiana, and Ohio locations
- Utilized to lead and support numerous stores after management turnover or when expectations were not being met.
- Created processes to improve efficiency and effectiveness with markdowns, product refill and freight processing.
- Trained and coached staff to exceed standards in store for service, product presentation, and environment.
- Led employee orientation, employee training, and all staff store meetings.
- Represented the company at two Championship tournaments.
Floor Supervisor, Assistant Store Manager April 1994-June 1996
Supervised daily operation of sales floor, provided training, and feedback to staff.
- Built relationships and credibility with sales staff and loyal repeat consumers.
- Managed main sales department trained and developed two department heads.
- Led by example regarding service, energy level and product knowledge.
- Selected to work the retail booth and assisted local EKIN with marketing activities.