Vice President Regional Business Development
Business leader with 16 years of proven success in acquiring and growing customer relationships, leading high performing teams and working with diverse industries. Formal risk review responsibilities provide perspective in needs analysis, deal structuring, negotiation results and closing complex high return deals. Consistently recognized with awards for generating profitable growth. Superior relationship building with both internal and external customers insures successful partnerships.
Commercial Banking 2004-2020:
Vice President, Regional Business Development 2016-2020
Senior sales leader responsible for acquiring and growing profitable relationships for the expansion market business banking portfolio. Develop and execute strategic sales plans for prospects with revenue size ranging from $2MM to $50MM.
- Significant experience with conventional and SBA 504, 7A. Consistently delivers in loan bookings exceeding goals by 129%
Relationship Manager 2009-2016
- $55M in bookings of Loans, Corporate Cards, Merchant Processing and FX/Treasury products.
- Exceeded 300% of deposit goal in 2013; generating significant revenue for investment bank with pre-and post IPO relationship support and referrals to the bank.
- Lead relationship management team in a comprehensive consultative approach that includes outbound marketing, maintaining a high profile through networking with COI’s (Centers of Influence) and leveraging internal cross business leads.
Business Development Officer 2004 – 2009
Conducted financial analysis for prospects using proprietary CSR Suite (Solutions Review, Cash Flow Analysis and Relationship Pricing Module); maintained an active and strong sales pipeline. Achieved 135% of goal in 2005, 2006 and 2007.
Chambers of Commerce 1999-2004:
Executive Director 2003 - 2004
- Responsible for the communication, implementation and execution of the mission. Spokesperson for businesses, their concerns and economic vitality of the region. Designed, executed annual business plans and budgets.
- Led business advocacy and design of membership benefit programs that led to 7% growth.
- Organized North Marin’s largest business showcase, the State of the City and other key leadership events.
Vice President - 1999 – 2003
- Responsible for the day to day operations, including financial and human resources. Director of the Human Resources Forum and active member of the California Chamber. Monitored legislation affecting businesses and technology.
Proprietor – San Jose, CA
- Launched (and ultimately sold) an image analysis systems export business serving a global community with a concentration in SE Asia. Purchased computers, peripherals and software internationally and integrated the systems as per customer requirements. Created strategic alliances and negotiated contracts with vendors worldwide.
Environmental Engineer – 1993 -1995
- Architect and program manager for the Corporate Environment Health and Safety vision and Design for the Environment for Sun Engineering. Developed strategic alliances and systems to monitor international environmental legislation through the American Electronics Association. Tracked new technologies and trends. Developed environmental management systems and eco-audits. Programs affected over 44,000 Sun employees worldwide.
Corporate Resources Manager- 1989 -1993
- Managed programs requiring compliance with the Clean Air Act. Created communication and Plan of Action recommendations to Sun senior management regarding exposure and costs. Partnered with Stanford University in designing a Telecommuting program. Represented Sun in committees with the Silicon Valley Manufacturing Group and Spokesperson to the media on Sun’s local environmental initiatives. Awarded CA Governor’s award for best environmental program in 1993.
Accountant – 1988 - 1989
- Performed accounting duties for the Fixed Assets department at Sun.
BA in Economics and Sociology– 1985
Human Resources Management Certificate - 1999
Institute for Chamber Executives - 2000
Leadership Palo Alto (1993) & Leadership San Rafael (1999), NASD securities licensed – 2004
ABA (American Banker’s Association) Financial Analysis and Underwriting 2004 and 2009