We are a biopharmaceutical company focused on discovering, developing, and commercializing medicines that are designed to leverage ribonucleic acid interference (RNAi) to selectively silence genes that cause or contribute to disease. Using our proprietary RNAi technology platform, we are committed to developing RNAi-based therapies with the potential to treat both rare and more prevalent diseases. By reducing the level of disease-causing genes of the liver, our platform has the potential to safely target conditions that are difficult to treat with other modalities. Continually innovating, we are also exploring new applications of RNAi technology beyond the liver, targeting additional tissues, and enabling new therapeutic applications. In addition to our own pipeline of core discovery and clinical candidates, we have established collaborative relationships with some of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies. Between us and our collaborative partners, we currently have more than 20 active discovery, preclinical, or clinical programs focused on rare, cardiovascular, cardiometabolic, viral, chronic liver and complement-mediated diseases, as well as neurodegeneration and pain. Our mission is to interfere – to silence genes, to fight disease, to restore heath.
We are seeking a highly experienced animal technician to help in our siRNA drug discovery efforts. This is a part-time position that requires strong skills in animal handling. Major responsibilities will include animal dosing and assist in vivo drug candidate testing.
- Proficient intravenous injection skill (up to 2mL volume) is must.
- Proficient in various routes of animal dosing (subcutaneous, intraperitoneal, etc.) is must.
- Assist in in vivo drug candidate testing (e.g., mouse dosing, necropsy)
- Able to carry out procedures for large in vivo studies (e.g., involving one hundred or more mice)
- Previous experience as veterinarian assistant, animal care and or medical facility highly preferred.
- Ability to work around animals without allergic reaction.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with co-workers, supervisors.