Business Development Sales Rep
The primary role of the Business Development Sales Representative is to prospect and close new customers by networking, cold calling, following up on inbound marketing leads, or other means of generating interest from commercial cannabis cultivators that are in alignment with company’s target market. They must then plan and deliver persuasive approaches and pitches that will convince potential customers to do business with the company. They develop rapport with new accounts and provide support that will continually improve the relationship.
This company prides themselves on being innovators with a revolutionary vision. In the universe of plant growing and plant health, we believe there is a better, more sustainable path forward and that nature can show us the way.
The Company was founded in 2003 our goal was to establish a bridge between animal agriculture and plant agriculture—to develop an agribusiness that was both environmentally and economically sustainable.
We had discovered an opportunity to reduce excess nutrient loads from dairy waste by turning that waste into a professional-grade organic soil amendment through a patented vermicomposting process. A process and product that is science-based and backed by extensive university testing and research.
Our proprietary formula is a shelf stable, CDFA Organic certified fertilizer amendment made from OMRI Listed worm castings. Used in soil, soil-less mixtures and hydroponics, is proven to enhance root mass, expand root-zone development and increase nutrient uptake resulting in increased yield and enhanced plant quality.
- Leverage current cannabis grower relationships to close new business for company products.
- Achieve weekly & monthly prospect activity levels set forth by the company to develop a pipeline of business equivalent to 4-5 times annual quota ensuring the attainment of annual sales goal.
- Conduct high impact capability meetings with potential customers that highlight company’s agronomical features and benefits and unique differentiators to maximize first impression.
- Focus on understanding the fit between customer needs and company’s capabilities. Create value propositions that meet customer needs.
- Establish and maintain relationships and communication throughout the entire sales cycle.
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market trends.
- Proactively research, qualify and cultivate new leads within target market and assigned geographic area for the products through pursuit of inbound leads, networking, referrals, self-generated opportunities, and travelling in person to prospect facilities.
- Enter all prospective, new and existing account activity into the CRM system within 48 hours and maintain all customer data, sales activity and forecasts in the system.
- Identify opportunities for industry association participation, partner relationships, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Participate in weekly 1:1 meetings with manager and be prepared to discuss the following:
- Weekly call activity / calendar
- Progress against monthly, quarterly and annual sales goals
- “Successes” and “obstacles” from previous weeks’ efforts
- Key initiatives and prospect opportunities / pipeline review
- Goals for upcoming week
- Minimum 2 years of B2B sales experience selling to outdoor, indoor and greenhouse cannabis growers
- A solid understanding of the different grow protocols and terminology used within the cannabis growing industry.
- Must have current relationships with cannabis growers in some or all of the identified geographic markets.
- Legally able to be employed in the United States.
- A demonstrated record of quota achievement.
- Can succeed in an entrepreneurial, fast paced environment with a drive to solve problems.
- Desire to work in an environment that rewards results and loyalty and maintains high ethical standards.
- Self-starter able to successfully operate with limited management supervision.
- Demonstrated high sense of urgency and accountability.
- Practice integrity, reliability and honesty in all business transactions
- Competent use and understanding of Microsoft Office software and CRM applications.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required with proper experience base and proven track record.
- A background or degree in plant life science, agronomy, horticulture, or experience on a farm or in a grow facility would be a plus.