C&I Portfolio Manager/Underwriter - Mandarin
Ref #: 149
Location: S. California
- Manage a portfolio of commercial accounts – typically 15-40 relationships.
- Work closely with commercial officers in completing reports for senior management for loan origination and portfolio monitoring.
- Maintain working relationships with customers and Agent Banks.
- Prepare Flagstar Approval Memos, Modifications and Portfolio Reviews (for new approvals, renewals, amendments, etc.).
- Work with the Relationship Manager to discuss appropriate credit structures using in-depth credit analysis and industry and company research while also ensuring compliance with all external and internal policies.
- Perform analysis of business entities and individuals to assess financial performance, and condition, trends, key drivers, projections, and risks, with a focus on their ability to service debt.
- Collect and track borrower financial information (statements, borrowing base certificates, guarantor information) & test loan covenants.
- Set up required reporting and covenant tracking ticklers for new customers.
- Special projects as directed by management.
- Attend Credit & Sales Team Meetings, approval Committees and Deal screening meetings.
- Collaborate with other Portfolio Manager’s to share best practices.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related field required.
- Must possess highly advanced credit analysis skills (prefer a candidate with formal credit training).
- Working knowledge of account inquiries and investigation.
- Working knowledge of systems and profitability charts.
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial statement analysis.
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of leadership and employees within the organization. Thorough knowledge in review, analysis, and underwriting of commercial loans and personal/corporate financial statements, pertaining to Sponsors/Guarantors.
- Ability to work autonomously, handle multiple projects simultaneously and adapt to new demands and challenges.
- Experience with completing spreads and written credit analysis reports on borrowers and guarantors.
- Credit Analysis or Loan Review experience, preferably in the banking industry.
- Must be proficient in basic software applications, such as Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel & PowerPoint and have a basic knowledge of online researching.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written skills, interpersonal skills, and analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Complexity of transactions/portfolios and years of experience differentiate the levels.
- Handles transactions/relationships/portfolio with the lowest level of complexity.
- 5+ years of experience.
- Ability to speak and understand Mandarin.