Chief Marketing Officer - CMO
We are seeking a Chief Marketing Officer to help us continue our rapid growth in one of the fastest growing industries in the nation. This role is responsible for all activities related to conceptualizing and implementing market strategy and brand initiatives. Responsibilities include business and market development; market research, digital marketing as well as planning strategic direction for managing our brand.
The CMO will formulate and execute overall strategy with an emphasis on developing integrated marketing campaigns and developing creative and impactful content. We are seeking a talented content creator to write and establish marketing content that is on point with the overall marketing brand.
The role is highly visible and offers an opportunity to build something great and includes defining and executing the demand generation that will fuel our growth. We are looking for a strong innovative marketer with executive presence. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience leading both B2B and B2C marketing strategy and content, including digital marketing in high growth businesses, and managing a high-quality brand.
- Develop comprehensive marketing strategies that advance and support company goals. Responsible for all development of brand-wide campaigns and promotions.
- Lead all digital, event, brand and materials focusing on both B2B and B2C.
- Effectively manages social media marketing activities through building a digital presence and bringing the Company’s brand to life.
- Create and manage budgets for marketing campaigns and track and report on ROI.
- Develop innovative and non-traditional ways to go to market to support brand objectives.
- Acts as the internal champion for the brand.
- Build and write content for multi-channel distribution.
- Develop standards, systems and best practices for content creation, distribution, and maintenance.
- Integrate content activities with traditional marketing campaigns.
- Map out a content strategy that supports and extends the marketing strategy and goals, both short and long term.
- Work closely with other departments to ensure that marketing campaign and content are line with the overall business strategy and meet the needs of all key stakeholders.
- Establishes and maintains a consistent image throughout all product lines, promotional materials, and events.
- Represents company at industry meetings; establishes and maintains relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners.
- Ensure all content is on brand, consistent in style and optimized for all channels. Leads internal branding initiatives and project streams for implementation.
- Undergraduate degree in business or marketing.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in leading a marketing function and at least 3 years’ experience in content creation and driving marketing campaigns.
- Demonstrated track record of building a marketing organization and holding responsibility for all marketing channels; Understanding of brand positioning and brand strategies for a portfolio and demonstrate the ability to connect brand message to our patients.
- Strategic thinker who sees the big picture while able to roll up their sleeves and focus on the details.
- Self-starter who is able to independently own and deliver on a diverse range of projects.
- Detail oriented with the ability to juggle multiple priorities.
- Experience with analytics, and knowledge of CRM systems and monitoring tools.
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing a wide range of digital marketing strategies.
- Experience developing and managing a brand, including messaging and positioning.
- Understanding of the total marketing mix including digital, social, direct and the measurement and ROI for campaign execution.
- Demonstrated proficiency in business writing, collateral, and the broad range of marketing communication creation.
- Ability to develop ad oversee complex initiatives and drive them to successful conclusion.
- Strong peer collaboration skills and demonstrated success working across different functional areas.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High level of creativity and attention to detail.
- Excellent project management skills, multi-tasking, and ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Experience working in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Knowledge of the cannabis industry helpful, but not required.