Commercial HVAC Service Manager
An established and respected HVAC Service Contractor is looking for an experienced Commercial HVAC Service Manager to join our Salt Lake City team. This is a career position with full benefits and a retirement package.
The Service Manager will manage the commercial HVAC service operations of the company. This includes overseeing the daily dispatching and efficiencies of the technicians and department. Responsible for hiring, training, and coaching. Other duties include improving customer relations, reviewing all billing, directing warranty claims, tracking parts, and conducting meetings with the other managers in respect to department needs. The Commercial HVAC Service Manager is expected to handle all aspects of the department and to ensure its continued profitability and growth while meeting contractual commitments to customers in a timely, high quality manner.
- Manage Service Agreements, T&M Service and Service Projects
- Understand mechanical systems and appropriate codes and industry standards.
- Motivate the work force and maintain high employee morale.
- Effectively man Service Projects and control labor costs to redeem gross profit objectives.
- Promptly address customer complaints to assure resolution and maintain long term relationships.
- Manage day-to-day operations and maintain (or modify) existing processes and procedures as needed.
- Supervise, direct, train, and provide technical support for the HVAC technicians to effectively perform the functions of equipment repair, installation, and other duties to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Maintain continuous communication with service techs, coordinator, management, and vendors regarding expectations, deliverables, and concerns.
- Responsible for assuring all parts and materials are ordered in a timely manner.
- Maintain proper service records.
- Forecast, monitor and document financial performance against plan.
- Meet with customers in the service territory to ensure satisfaction and retention as well as prospects for additional service opportunities.
- Recruit, interview, hire and train technicians as required to meet workload demands, and company or customer expectations and requirements.
- Communicate regularly within the team to ensure that personnel are being scheduled and dispatched properly by skill level, efficiency, and training requirements.
- Review work orders, invoices, and time reports for accuracy and to ensure efficient management of accounts receivable.
- HVAC Service Management experience and proven record of successfully running an HVAC service division preferred.
- Familiarity with pricing, billing, and ability to understand financial reports.
- Accomplished in developing high performing service teams through coaching, motivating, recruiting, and performance management.
- Computer skills required, MS Office, Service & Dispatch system
- Valid driver’s license and insurable driving record
- Successful background investigation
- Successful pre-employment drug test
- Excellent communication and organizational skills required.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- A strong work ethic and a high level of self-motivation
- Ability to work independently while contributing to a team environment.
- Salary range - $85,000 to $95,000 DOE + bonus potential up to 25% of annual Salary (% potential will increase as GM grows)
- Benefit package includes health insurance for you and your family.
- Paid vacation and holiday pay.
- 401k or IRA with Company Matching %
- Company vehicle, gas card, phone and computer provided.
- Relocation assistance available.