This role supports the selling of contracts to a group of customers. The incumbent drives the efficient and profitable execution of contracts while meeting all Company policies, legal requirements, and customer specifications. The role represents the Company in the development, negotiation, and administration of contracts. Maintains contract and proposal files and handles contractual issues of a complex nature. Monitors project performance and maintains compliance with contract terms and conditions. Track established contracts regarding schedules, deliverables, invoice, and closeout.
- Ensure that Company has a valid, always signed contract in place when drilling activity occurs.
- Review and analysis of tender documents and customer inquiries.
- In concert with Operations staff, prepare customer contract proposals / bid sheets / tender Proposals must adhere to company policy and be approved through the Salesforce bid approval process prior to submission to customer.
- Possess a detailed understanding of expenses incurred when mobilizing, warehousing, and purchasing for contracts under his/her jurisdiction.
- Ensure all bid assumptions are fully documented and key contractual terms are addressed in bid pricing.
- Maintain bidding activity and Approvals in Company global database.
- Ensure that operations personnel are familiar with key contractual terms
- Coordinate regular contract meetings with customers, including preparation of presentations, performance reviews and pricing reviews
- Work closely with the contract administrators and any others involved in invoicing process to Ensure that Company charges everything that is allowed under the contract
- Work with contract administrators to ensure timely, accurate, and efficient processing of invoices
- Make regular, periodic appraisal of performance and results of contracts measuring variance from bid performance and taking necessary corrective action.
- Regularly visit field operations to ensure that contracts are being efficiently executed to the customer’s satisfaction.
- Organize and lead (with operations staff) a pre-job meeting and a post-job close out.
- Maintain registers of contract issues insuring appropriate tracking and closeout.
- Bachelor degree; or diploma in a related field; or appropriate certification.
- Demonstrated proficiency in contract negotiation, finance, engineering, operations, or drilling.
- Effective project management.
- Superior management and influencing skills.
- Sound business planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication talent, written and verbal. Works collaboratively across the organization.
- Effective time and priority management.
- Computer literate.