Director of Human Resources
We are seeking a strategic and hands-on Director of Human Resources who understands all aspects of HR in an agriculture and manufacturing operation. This individual will be responsible for recruiting, HR compliance, insurance, onboarding, employee disputes and resolutions. The Director of Human Resources is the ultimate ambassador of the organization.
The ideal candidate is both strategic and tactical. They should not be hesitant to be hands on and meet with staff directly as projects arise. They must have a strong recruiting background, understand the flow of seasonal and full time employees, are bilingual (English/Spanish), willing and able to train supervisors and managers in dealing with sensitive situations, comfortable providing presentations to staff, and conscious of being efficient with company resources wherever possible.
Our farms are located in several areas in Mendocino County with nursery operations in Laytonville Ca, processing facilities in Ukiah, and manufacturing facilities near Santa Rosa, Ca. The main office is near Santa Rosa, but there will be occasional travel to Mendocino County to meet with staff. Applicants living outside of Mendocino County must relocate to nearby towns close to the main office in order to be available to work with staff effectively.
- Strong Recruiting background
- Experience updating company handbook and policies
- Mentoring and coaching leadership
- Can work independently when needed
- Comfortable working in the google suite
- Fluent in benefit packages
- Positive attitude
- Build an engaged culture of continuous improvement; work with leadership on improving processes, reducing costs, and increasing quality.
- Recruit, manage, and develop staff. Ensure training and development is sufficient to enhance productivity while supporting the ongoing development and employee engagement.
- Address employee issues and concerns in a timely manner.
- Infuse The Company’s Core Values: Respect, Unity, Perseverance, and Leadership into day-to-day activities and behaviors; guide and motivate others to remain committed to the company
- Bachelor's Degree
- Strong knowledge of business and management
- Strong knowledge of regulatory requirements in agriculture and manufacturing
- Proficient with Google Suite + Excel applications and computer technology
- Communicator; influencer, clear and concise, responsive
- Strong leadership skills, drive for results, sense of urgency with high emotional intelligence
- Innovative thinker who can apply problem-solving to issues that arise
- Strong process management and multitasking skills
- Ability to create accountability and to lead by example
- Strong team building, decision-making, and people management skills
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills
- Bi-Lingual (English/Spanish)
- Must be able to travel between all sites (good driving record) and live/relocate in Sonoma County
The position offers salary, benefits, vacation, holidays, stock options, and the opportunity to make a difference in a growing company with a great reputation and great people. Come join the fun!!