Working closely with all parties of the company, the Director of Purchasing will be responsible for driving efficiencies through the purchasing function. He/she will apply their experience and creative energy to support the company’s growth.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Track Inventory and Place Orders - Working closely with the Store Managers, the Purchasing Director will determine what types of inventory are needed and to place orders as needed. Working closely with Finance and the Store Managers, and utilizing the inventory tracking system, this will involve keeping an inventory of materials and supplies on hand and replenishing these items as they are used. The Purchasing Director will oversee the flow of materials to help them determine inventory levels and needs and ensure that inventory is turning at an appropriate rate while ensuring that there is adequate supply to meet the forecasted target.
- Establish Cost Budgets - Working with Finance, the Purchasing Director will create a budget for spending on inventory. This will include inventory pricing as well as staffing and transportation of goods.
- Select and Negotiate with Vendors - the Purchasing Director will build relationships with various vendors in order to receive competitive pricing and quality products. He/she will negotiate contracts and pricing, review bids and establish payment terms.
Purchasing Director Skills
The successful candidate will possess the following skills:
- Strong organizational, analytical and negotiation skills.
- Be a leader and problem-solver who can multi-task and pay attention to detail.
- Possess above-average math skills and be able to work independently, with little or no supervision.
- Working with an inventory management system.
- Experience with METRC is REQUIRED.
- Managing inventory.
- Utilizing purchasing systems.
- Applying pricing strategies.
- Preparing bid specifications.
- Creating purchasing and procurement policies.
- Understanding contracts and contract negotiations.
- Must understand basic accounting principles.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Cannabis experience REQUIRED.