Director of Retail
The Director of Retail will oversee operations across the client’s dispensary footprint in the State of Missouri (5 retail locations). This role is responsible for building and maintaining relationships with all retail partners and stakeholders, increasing sales and productivity of our stores and products, and ensuring efficient operating procedures while adhering to state and regulatory standards.
The Director of Retail serves as the link between each of the MO retail locations to ensure consistency, quality, profitability, and overall customer satisfaction.
- Develop a strategic point-of-view on existing and new category growth that aligns with the company vision and growth strategy.
- Identify opportunities by staying on top of trends in the market, analyzing existing assortment performance and integrating customer insights and feedback into the development process.
- Formulate pricing strategy in line with relevant market comps, margin requirements, and business objectives.
- Collaborate with the product and marketing teams to ensure retail location and special products are properly promoted through the location(s) and overall marketplace.
- Act as the merchandising liaison to the rest of the business, ensuring alignment around product strategy and branding, assortments, and delivery timelines.
- Serve as retail leader throughout the organization; advocate for retail employees and ensure their growth through training and mentoring.
- Oversee all aspects of the retail business including: operations, merchandising, and marketing, for all the company’s dispensaries across Missouri.
- Establish and maintain efficient operating processes and procedures across dispensary locations.
- Drive scale across our footprint to deliver best-in-class margins.
- Build and cultivate relationships within the organization and with outside vendors to foster a spirt of collaboration and partnership.
- Create and implement best practices for all dispensary operations and ensure adherence.
- Partner with functional leadership heads to ensure proper support for retail: hiring, marketing, accounting, and administration.
- Assist New Market Team in opening process for new locations.
- Manage and develop retail talent throughout the organization.
- 5-10 years of experience in a retail environment, overseeing at least 3 locations.
- Bachelor Required; MBA a plus.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Results and service oriented.
- Thrives in a dynamic, high growth environment.