- Prepares estimates for potential projects, using hard-bid, design-build and conceptual estimating.
- Reads and understands contract documents (plans, specifications & addenda).
- Performs quantity take-offs, organizes, and prices information.
- Solicits bids and quotes from subcontractors and suppliers.
- Communicates with subs and suppliers to clarify pricing information.
- Prepares estimate formats in such areas as general conditions, general bidding, quantity takeoffs and bid analysis.
- Prepares outline schedules for proposed projects.
- Assists staff members with various special projects related to estimating.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or required.
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering or construction management related field, or equivalent education and experience.
- At least 1 year experience in estimating commercial construction projects, showing competence in hard-bid, design-build, and conceptual estimating.
- Excellent working knowledge of Timberline, Excel software, and Microsoft Word.
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to operate office equipment, such as computer, printer, phone, copier, fax, etc.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Appropriate knowledge of construction practices and methods.
To be qualified for the position, please provide your resume.