Location in Lindon, UT
Provide and/ or coordinate full estimating services on large, complex work and all types of contracts. Multi-family experience preferred (3-5 yrs.)
- Carries out all duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with the company’s mission statement and vision.
- Support All aspects of subcontractor and supplier estimating and bidding processes.
- Identify and process RFP, RFQ, and internal pricing request and facilitate broadcast announcements of bidding opportunity.
- Competently draft, proof, audit, and deliver both private and public proposals.
- Work with Project Executives, Marketing, and other staff coordinating contributions from all into Proposals.
- Qualify subcontractor bids for completeness and compliance of plans and specs.
- Ensure company compliance with bidding regulations and goals of each project.
- Develop, prepare, coordinate, and execute presentations and proposals to existing or new clients.
- Work on multiple company bids simultaneously and delivering in accordance with deadline objectives. Operate and maintain proficiency in all internal estimating systems, technologies, and software.
- Minimizes exposure and risk by implementing quality assurance controls in estimating. Promptly reports changes (discoveries) in scope and revenue to Executive Team.
- Promote company to owners, developers, planners, architects, engineers, and any appropriate sales lead by increasing brand awareness, engaging new clients, coordinating public relations efforts, participating in professional and/or industry organizations.
- Identify new business growth opportunities both projects and clientele, both private and public sector.
- Works with other key personnel on business development leads and strategies.
- Build and manage long term relationships and partnerships with clients, architectural, and engineering principals; Build and manage relations with subcontractor respondents (subs/suppliers)
- Secondary duty assist in qualifying project leads from multiple sources, including: web-based postings, public agency opportunities, printed publications, contacts, etc. and route projects of opportunity to project executive staff.
- Assist Project Executives/Managers with the procurement of subcontractors and suppliers.
- Assist project management staff with written “scopes of work” to be included in subcontract.
- Assist in presentation of relevant bidding and award information to project management staff necessary for start-up and seamless transition from estimating to field operations, through document transfer and formal discussion.
- Assist PEs and PMs analyze and evaluate cost impact quantification for changes to company’s contract scope (change orders)
- Promptly reports changes (discoveries) in scope and revenue to senior management.
- Participates in the buyout process and turnover.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical –Collects and researches data.
- Design –Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving– Gathers and analyzes information skillfully, attention to details.
- Interpersonal -Maintains confidentiality.
- Customer Service– Responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance.
- Oral Communication– Listens and gets clarification; participates in meetings.
- Written Communication–Writes clearly and informatively; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Quality Management –Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Business Acumen– Understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals.
- Organizational Support– Follows policies and procedures.
- Strategic Thinking– Analyzes market and competition.