General Business Manager
The General Business Manager will work with the corporate VP, Cultivation and Extraction, to whom the position reports, to set operational goals, compare performance to goals, and adjust goals as needed to improve operational performance.
This position is responsible for running a production facility and for providing the leadership to achieve production targets and drive operational efficiencies within our cannabis facility. Responsibilities include oversight of cultivation, extraction, and post-harvest including packaging and fulfillment, and of the senior level manager and supervisors in charge of these areas.
This person will be responsible for the effective operation of their greenhouses, extraction and packaging facilities, security, regulatory compliance; and all other functions necessary for the successful cultivation and production of cannabis products.
- Responsible for all aspects including both the physical site and the cannabis business activity
- Ensure all current greenhouses and buildings are maintained and the equipment, which is sophisticated and state-of-the-art, is functioning optimally and is conducive to the cultivation, processing, and packaging of cannabis
- Oversee the senior managers who head the cultivation, extraction, and production areas, ensuring they have what they need to meet their goals and holding them responsible for meeting those goals
- Oversee inspections of equipment, systems, and facilities--including all electrical, plumbing, HVAC, and mechanical systems
- Establish preventative maintenance schedules to identify and avert potential problems; take appropriate action to ensure maximum efficiency of equipment and systems; and respond to all emergencies
- Oversee construction of new greenhouses being added to the campus over the next two years
- Ensure facilities meets stringent compliance requirements
- Other duties as assigned by superior
- Bachelor’s degree in Operations, Engineering or similar discipline required
- 5-10 years’ leadership experience in facilities management, manufacturing, and engineering management is required
- Proven expertise in operations management, team management, lean manufacturing principles, strategic and business planning methods, and project planning and coordination
- Strong communication and computer skills
- Effective project management and time-management skills and the ability to multi-task
- Ability to develop and foster strong working relationships throughout all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills; the ability to predict and/or identify and resolve problems and issues in partnership with stakeholders