The General Manager position is responsible to oversee property operations in identifying, developing, implementing, and maintaining processes and procedures across the organization to increase production, consistency, and profitability. Reporting directly to this position are the managers presiding over the cultivation, harvest and trim departments, facilities, human resources, the Bookkeeper, product quality control and compliance.
- Develop the strategic and operational plan for the facility.
- Coordination with departmental teams and facilitates the operational flow across departments.
- Build strong relationships with local and state level officials.
- Establish appropriate standards and risk controls associated with the physical property.
- Hire, train, and retain additional key management members to support and assist with labor planning, scheduling, along with the coordination of critical business functions, such as labor management, facility management, safety programs, and licensing compliance.
- Provides appropriate coaching, counseling, direction and resolution with managers, supervisors, and Team Leaders.
- Organize periodic trainings pertaining to security for all security, operational and administrative personnel.
- Directs the managers, supervisors, and lead team members with daily operation of the Facilities to include the development, analyses and implementation of staffing, training, harvesting, scheduling, and trimming.
- Work closely with the Bookkeeper and/or Chief Finance Officer in development and implementation with companywide budgets.
- Manage profit and loss.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or related preferred.
- Prior experience in management (4 years minimum).
- Experience in the cannabis industry preferred.
- Strong business and financial acumen.
- Advanced experience in operations.
- Strong problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Extensive knowledge of occupational safety and health standards in the workplace.
- Excellent leadership skills.