Director of Cultivation
Director of Cultivation is responsible for strategically and technically managing all aspects of cultivation operations including site designs, set-up, and execution.
- Develop and write cultivation SOPs ensuring compliance with State regulations and company policies.
- Grow to meet state mandated compliance requirements.
- Design Cultivation facilities and coordinate with the construction team to ensure project completion.
- Evaluate new technologies and techniques and implement them at cultivation facilities.
- Develop indoor grow facility environmental parameters and program/monitor automated greenhouse control software.
- Hire new Cultivation Managers and train on all aspects of Cultivation.
- Develop production schedules, work schedules, and duties for nursery or greenhouse staff.
- Monitor production results regularly with Operations Managers and driving team accountability for adherence to standards and product yield and quality, and responsible for addressing any deviation
- Approve crop-inputs and supplies for the Grow Areas.
- Develop custom fertilizer recipes to optimize yield, plant health, and potency.
- Set and implement integrated pest management strategies in compliance with state and company policy.
- Develop proper sanitation protocols of the Growing Area.
- Identify plant varieties to fit facility and market needs.
- Set propagation, germination, and planting schedules for all crops and varieties.
- Coordinate clerical, recordkeeping, inventory, and financial data.
- Explain and enforce safety regulations and policies.
- Full-time with benefits
- Medical Insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield to be paid for by Employer
- Offers Dental & Vision plan that will be paid for by the Employee ($15 per plan, per individual covered)
- At least 10 years of experience with leadership of a large-scale commercial growing operation in a regulated cannabis program or horticulture operation with similar photoperiod plants
- Leadership skills-building teams in a highly collaborative environment.
- Experience in developing advanced/custom fertilizer recipes strongly desired.
- Experience in integrated pest management (IPM).
- Strong process management skills.
- Skilled in working with technical experts.
- Skilled in the use of ERP, Excel, and Database systems.
- Skilled in the use of horticulture automation systems
- Skilled in METRC
- Bachelor’s degree in Agronomy, Plant Sciences, or Horticulture strongly desired.