Reporting to the COO, the General Manager is responsible for the achievement of the operations objectives, ensuring all quality standards. This role will include administering, planning, managing, directing and controlling the activities and quality of service of the operations team. The GM will have responsibility for the leadership and overall administration of our cannabis production and manufacturing operations located in Portugal. As a leader, the GM will provide direction to the management team to achieve optimal performance and growth while improving the cost of goods sold and ensuring the quality of goods produced in the facility.
Role and Responsibilities
- Manage and oversee the entire operations.
- Manage teams to reach and exceed revenue goals
- Diligent awareness about performance related to monthly, quarterly and annual goals, and conduct sales forecast on a regular basis
- Hold team members accountable for revenue goal achievements, KPIs, and engagement in all sales initiatives
- Coach, develop and support all team members while leading by example
- Responsible for driving the processing facility to achieve and surpass production targets for all product lines, cost targets, cash flow and business goals and objectives;
- Accountable for ensuring products meet quality standards and specifications. Utilizing KPI’s to formulate end-to-end processes which are efficient and ensure orders are processed and delivered on time.
- Motivate and lead a high-performance leadership team. This includes the ability to attract, recruit, retain, and develop highly talented and motivated individuals to help support business growth;
- Oversee budget preparation and Inventory management for all production activities conducted at the facility;
- Accountable for ensuring all Corporate Quality Standards are met;
- Monitor departmental performance against goals to ensure that progress is being made, and that corrective action is taken if necessary;
- Spearhead the development and implementation of effective production strategies and processes;
- Manage the morale in the facility by setting and demonstrating a strong business ethic for dealing with employees, suppliers and customers;
- Develop and sustain an effective and efficient knowledge transfer capability within the facility in order to support broader Corporate objectives;
- Ensure the facility complies with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements and, where appropriate, best practices.
qualifications and education requirements
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a multinational company;
- Degree in Business Administration or similar;
- Proven experience as a transformational leader with the ability to build, develop, and drive a strong and high motivated team;
- Knowledge Quality programs implementation: GACP/ ISO/ GMP( Good Manufacturing Practices) is an asset.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills;
- Excellent communication skills for liaising and communicating with vendors, and internal departments;
- Proficient in English language;
- Extremely analytical thinker with the ability to interface directly with cross functional teams;
- Demonstrated critical thinking and strategic decision making ability;
- Ability to create and review technical documentation, Inc. project plans and design specifications;
- Able to develop, review, and maintain metrics and audits;
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, Inc. solid negotiation, conflict resolution, change agent and people management skills;
- Natural leader and motivator of sales and business development teams. Ambitious and target focused with a drive to succeed; Hunter attitude;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills. Outstanding communication and leadership skills
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.