Reporting to the Regional Production Director Operations, the Production Manager is responsible for the execution of the crop plan and cultivation program. Working closely with the Head Grower, the Production Manager will be responsible for operational budget, labour management, scheduling work, completing tasks within specified timelines and on budget.
Role and Responsibilities
- Taking responsibility for the long-term planning including the operation budget, as well as daily oversight of The Company's unique growing program, creating and communicating updates and plans;
- Approving expenses and tracking monthly expenses;
- Working closely with the Area Supervisors to oversee the day-to-day activities;
- Leading departmental meetings articulating priorities on a daily/weekly basis; managing departmental KPI’s, run rates and regulatory compliance.
- Implementing production plans and creating standard operating procedures in collaboration with other members of the team;
- Ensuring the optimal staffing of the Production department; including recruiting, hiring, and training
- Fostering a positive work environment of respect, quality, compliance and safety
- Working with Quality Assurance/Quality Control to coordinate and complete appropriate documentation to maintain our GMP certification;
- Ensure compliance under GACP regulations and strive for GAP/GMP compliance where possible.
- Work closely with the Head Grower to reach objectives of the department.
- Perform any other tasks as required by the Director of Greenhouse Operations;
- Weekend work and Shift Work may be required.
qualifications and education requirements
- Must have a minimum of a Agronomy or Management Diploma;
- Must have a minimum of 5 years experience as a Production Manager in a large greenhouse or nursery operation (produce, flowers or ornamental plants) (<4 hectares);
- Experience in floriculture and/or management of multiple and diverse crop rotations ;
- Excellent organizational and communication skills;
- Proven ability to effectively use Microsoft Office Applications;
- Experience with Hazard Awareness & Critical Control Points (HACCP) and Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) systems would be an asset.
- Strong inventory and documentation skills; experience with Global GAP programs considered an asset
- Conflict resolution skills; strong work ethic and positive team attitude;
- Proficiency in English is required;
- Can work under minimal supervision.