Real Estate Loan Officer/Portfolio Manager
The Loan Officer/Portfolio Manager provides a full range of Real Estate lending and banking services to commercial customers. They will develop and maintain a client relationship portfolio for a given market area. This includes determining credit eligibility, preparing loan narratives, ensuring loans meet appropriate criteria, and effectively cross-selling products. Active Solicitation of new Real Estate business and growth of new relationships.
- Independently handling all Real Estate relationships, including complex loan structures required for permanent, bridge and construction lending.
- Gather, interpret, analyze, and present financial data, other loan information and reports to staff and management.
- Providing leadership to other bankers within the group.
- Preparing loan presentations for Senior Management.
- Generating New Business for the Real Estate Group as well as other divisions within the Bank.
- Preparing and supervising loan packages for presentation to Senior Management and Loan Committee.
- Provide oversight and support of compliance regulations, reviewing both internal and external functions and ensure zero defects in reporting and data integrity.
- Ensuring the Real Estate loan portfolio is actively managed for covenants, maturities, and risk rating recommendations.
- Assuming full responsibility for quality, completeness, and accuracy of all loan documentation in the loan portfolio, proactively manages loan asset quality.
- Contributing to the Bank's and Group's overall management objectives by participating in leadership meetings and supporting Bank goals.
- Gaining comprehensive knowledge of all bank products to cross sell Retail, Treasury Management, and Wealth Management.
- Participating in community-oriented and professional organizations to provide additional networking and referral opportunities.
- Resolves problems and issues with team members to accomplish established objectives.
- Use judgment and creativity within policies and practices.
- Assist in development and implementation of departmental policies.
- Interact with executives and other Bank staff. Interactions might involve controversial situations, influencing and persuading other senior level employees or managers.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, or a related field and 6+ years of commercial/business loans, lending, credit analysis, loan risk grading, loan workouts or other related experience.
- In-depth knowledge of loan policies and lending procedures.
- Experience in advising loan applicants and assessing loan applications.
- Extensive experience in reviewing financial information.
- Solid working knowledge of Real Estate lending, underwriting, contracts, and experience working with real estate loans.
- Excellent management, organizational, customer service, and written/verbal communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate with senior managers and external stakeholders.
- Advanced ability to negotiate payment plans and report delinquency.
- Ability to train and supervise loan administrators, as well as liaise between departments.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.