Are you a Top performing BDO looking for better compensation and more personal service for your clients?
Our client is one of the fastest growing and top-rated banks with an unparalleled compensation plan. Amaze your clients with a faster turnaround time! Our client has a process that closes 95% of their loans in 30 days. We are looking for an SBA Business Development Officer to identify, solicit and close new SBA loans through business development activities.
- Conduct new business development activities to generate new fee income to meet department and individual goals.
- Prospect, market, structure and originate new SBA 7(a) and SBA 504 loans.
- Identify, refer, and introduce other business opportunities to internal product partners.
- Establish and maintain a network of referral sources able to bring potential SBA borrowers to the bank.
- Obtain complete financial packages from borrowers to obtain required signatures and facilitate funding.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of SBA products as well as knowledge of competitors and competitive products.
- Ensure that all activities and work functions comply with bank compliance requirements.
- Critically think, formulate, and support credit decisions, and logically defend position.
- Negotiate on behalf of the bank and the borrower while appropriately balancing risk and shareholder value.
- Prefer bachelor’s degree in business, finance, economics, or another related field.
- 5-10 years related experience in a similar lending environment or financial institution.
- Maintain a current understanding of Bank underwriting guidelines, procedures, policies, and compliance issues. Maintain a working knowledge of regulatory requirements for documentation and regulations relating to SBA lending.
- Ability to protect and maintain confidential information.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Proficiency with personal computers and related software.