Senior Customer Service Supervisor
Serves in a leadership capacity to assist branch manager in motivating and supporting Customer Service Representative staff to participation in branch sales efforts, exemplary customer service, and sound branch operations.
- Coaches staff for improved job performance, conducts performance reviews and develops individual performance goals. Works with manager on hiring and termination activities
- Positively recognizes staff for exceptional customer service, sales, and operations
- Actively engages staff to cultivate and encourage professional development
- Develops strong internal partnerships with support teams, marketing and other sales production areas
- Provides sales and service training targeted to branch needs and specific development goals of staff
- Works with Branch Manager to set team goals and motivates staff to success
- Actively profiles new and existing clients, ensuring appropriate sales of bank deposit and lending products. Actively initiates partner referrals when appropriate to client needs.
- Motivates and coaches staff to desired production levels.
- Actively leads team in implementation of sales programs to generate targeted branch deposit growth
- Works closely with Branch Manager on business customer prospecting / business development, including outside calling
- Schedules staff to ensure appropriate lobby coverage
- Works with staff to ensure effective lobby management and a positive customer experience
- Keeps staff current with operational standards and procedures, performs and reviews internal audits, ensuring adherence to policies and procedures
- Maintains branch security by coaching and training staff in security procedures. Ensures controls are maintained over items such as keys, combinations, security signals and cash limits.
- Determines rejects /returns in adherence with guidelines determined by Retail Leadership. May coach and train staff
- As needed, assists customers with paying and receiving activities and account servicing, always remaining vigilant to support of customer needs.
- Ensures appropriate assignment of ATM servicing and cash vault duties, may assume these duties.
- Provides remote approvals to staff at other branch locations when needed.
- Consistently models exemplary customer service
- Coaches staff to enhanced customer service levels
- Actively listens to clients and maintains a friendly, positive, professional attitude. Resolves difficult situations with creativity, tact and diplomacy while maintaining fiscal responsibility
- Partners with Branch Manager to perform customer retention activities.
- Participates in a minimum of 2 community involvement activities per year
- Works with Branch Manager and Marketing team to determine sponsorship opportunities each year.
- Minimum of 5 years job experience as a Senior CSR/New Accounts Representative/Personal Banker or equivalent
- 2 years in a Customer Service Supervisor/Branch Assistant Manager role or equivalent, plus demonstrated leadership ability in a bank/branch operations environment.
- Professional staff development, performance management, training, and employee counseling skills are required.
- Proven ability to lead and develop a team.
- Proven history of negotiation and influencing skills. Proven sales techniques and sales management skills.
- Technical skills and experience to operate teller software, Word, Excel, and other bank-related computer programs.
- Strong customer relations skills and the ability to communicate and work well with employees and customers in a cooperative, positive manner.
- Must be a self-starter, dependable, able to work within deadlines under pressure.
- Must possess excellent judgment, and the ability to accept responsibility and handle confidential information.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately, to analyze information and make decisions.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Requires ability to operate teller and office equipment including computers, adding machines, telephones, typewriters, copy machines, fax machines, electronic credit card authorization terminals, and security devices.