Senior Underwriting Officer (NE), Mortgage Loan
Are you enthusiastic, highly motivated, and have a strong work ethic?
Would you like to work for a company that is ranked Top 20 on the Best Banks in America 2021 list?
If yes, come join our team!
We strive to provide a caring culture that supports your aspirations and success. We believe people are our most valuable asset and we proudly foster growth and development empowering you to achieve your professional goals. We have thrived for nearly 60 years and persevered through many economic cycles due to our team members’ drive and optimism. Together we can make a difference in the financial future of our communities.
We offer a competitive benefits package and comprehensive training programs so you can focus on your long-term professional career.
**Work remotely from the following states - CA, IL, MA, MD, NJ, NY, NV, TX, WA**
Following established policies and department procedures, responsible for underwriting mortgage loans and home equity lines of credit. The Senior Residential Mortgage Underwriter position is responsible for underwriting conventional, jumbo home loans and home equity lines of credit following established company and agency guidelines and ensuring compliance with applicable government rules and regulations. Ideal candidates will be service-focused with excellent time-management and communication skills, have the ability to multi-task, and must be detail oriented. The Senior Mortgage Underwriting Officer may be responsible to train and review the work of new and less experienced underwriters.
- Underwrites mortgage loans and home equity lines of credit in compliance with the bank’s established or investor credit guidelines.
- Conducts initial and final underwriting reviews and render decisions within the regulatory required and internal service level timeframes.
- Ensures compliance with Bank, regulatory and credit requirements with emphasis on providing excellent customer experience while adhering to given deadlines.
- Assists mortgage loan originators in understanding loan conditions.
- Respond to audits and post-closing issues in a timely manner.
- College graduate with major in accounting or business preferred or related experience.
- 5-7 years mortgage lending and banking experience with good knowledge of lending regulations and credit/collateral analysis practices.
- PC proficient
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Bilingual a plus.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to analyze complex credit transactions and strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, high production environment.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to think “outside the box” and develop viable solutions within scope of applicable laws and regulations.