Small Business Loan Officer
This position is responsible for developing effective, ongoing banking relationships with both new and existing small business customers. Utilizing knowledge of lending practices, business acumen and financial analysis, the Small Business Loan Officer will develop and service an existing portfolio of business loans and help develop bank deposits.
- Effectively grow and maintain small business loan relationships of $750,000 or less.
- Serve/manage an existing portfolio of small business customers.
- Participate in professional/civic group in communities served to network with prospective businesses and referral sources.
- Analyzes credit requests, structures loans properly and understands the borrower’s financial condition, collateral position and the ability to repay.
- Generate loan approvals using the banks Credit Quest system.
- Monitors loan performance by maintaining contact with borrowers, understanding their financial condition and resolving problems (including delinquency) in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Monitor loan renewals and process loan requests to avoid delinquent status for those renewals.
- Make joint calls with Branch Managers when applicable to build relationships.
- Close loans according to bank’s policies and procedures.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Field or equivalent education and work experience.
2+ years or more of experience in small business lending, loan portfolio management or credit underwriting.