Sr Lab Biostatistician
**Remote option available**
As a Senior Biostatistician, you will function independently as a project lead or lead statistician to deliver the project tasks/responsibilities. As well you will perform project management functions relating to the administrative and scientific activities of specific project work and team members.
The Biostatistician provides laboratory statistical support for analyses involving cut point determination, data comparison, method qualification and validation, trending specification limit evaluations, and much more.
- Serve as a lead statistician on projects with minor supervision
- The major responsibility is to support the development and routine operation of vaccine and biologics assays.
- Provide statistical support to experimental design, data analysis, assay validation, scientific research and publication, and assay development.
- Prepare and review reports and protocols. Contribute to the statistical methods section and verify for completeness and consistency.
- Create SAS programs, graphs, and tables to perform and interpret analyses.
- Participate in internal meetings. Interact with multiple departments including data management, labs, and IT.
- Analyze Quality Control data to identify trends or anomalies.
- Provide training and support to scientists and other non-statistical professionals.
Education and Experience:
Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 3+ years’).
Master's degree in statistics, biostatistics, mathematics or related field.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong SAS® programming skills
- (Proficient in BASE, STAT, MACRO and GRAPH) and understanding of database structures
- Capable of directing and promoting teamwork in a multi-disciplinary team setting
- Strong understanding of statistical principles and strong statistical skills
- Solid project management skills, as shown through management of multiple projects
- Demonstrated initiative and motivation
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, including proficiency in the English language
- Strong organizational, time management, and planning skills to create and follow timelines, conduct long-
- range planning, adapt to changing priorities and handle multiple projects
- Strong interpersonal skills and positive attitude to work effectively in a team environment and act as a liaison with other departments