SBA Department Manager
Ref #: 44
Location: S. California
- Reviews loan requests for SBA loan eligibility, ensuring loans are SBA eligible per the current SBA SOP and provides guidance to help lenders and analysts structure loans to conform with SBA eligibility standards.
- Directly supervises and manages SBA Loan Documentation personnel and SBA Credit Analysts. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Bank’s policies and applicable laws, including training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints; and resolving problems.
- Ensures SBA Portfolio retains its eligibility status to ensure Bank retains the guaranty in the event of a loss.
- Serves as the main resource for Government Guaranteed loans—answers questions from Lenders and Credit Administration on SBA Eligibility/Program details; provides training for Bank employees to enhance knowledge of the various lending programs; research technical questions.
- SBA Problem Loans/Payment Deferrals/Liquidations, etc.—coordinates workout plans for SBA Problem Loans with input and direction from Credit Administration; provides direction on payment deferrals to make sure any deferrals are administered in compliance with SBA/USDA guidelines; works with Credit Administration on SBA/USDA liquidations to ensure that actions comply with Government Guaranteed procedures and ensure no loss of guaranty occurs.
- Develops and maintains policy and procedures for the Department, ensuring continued compliance as regulations and the SOP changes over time.
- Coordinates annual loan reviews and property inspections—assigns annual loan reviews and monitors for timely completion; coordinates to ensure annual property inspections are completed in a timely manner.
- Acts as Lead Person and main contact for SBA Loan Reviews and Regulatory Exams—coordinates with IT to provide access to loan files; answers regulatory questions; and consults with Credit Administration when appropriate.
- Keeps current with SBA and USDA B&I program changes and communicates to appropriate staff.
- Works with Lenders and Brokers to make sure loans are eligible under the SBA Program—reviews pre-flights for SBA eligibility and reviews finished Credit Authorizations for SBA Eligibility as part of the Bank’s Loan Approval Process.
- Performs post-closing file reviews to ensure SBA requirements are met and coordinates with the Bank’s Compliance Department for periodic file reviews.
- Provides monthly and quarterly reports to CCO.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A./B.S.) from four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Considerable experience and knowledge of SBA SOP as well as knowledge of various SBA programs.
- Proficient in use of PC Software tools including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficient knowledge of the Bank’s Core Operating System, including running reports.
- Ability to work collaboratively with all team members to attain business goals.
- Must be detail oriented, self-motivated, organized, and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to multi-task and be flexible to changing priorities while possessing strong time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills demonstrating the ability to communicate effectively and clearly in a variety of settings, formats, and audiences; with the ability to read, write, speak, and understand English well.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to remain in a stationary position and operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a multi-line telephone, copy machine, scanner, fax, and computer printer. The employee needs to frequently communicate with internal and external contacts and move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Climate controlled business office environment.
- Ability to work in artificial light for extended periods of time.
- Noise level is usually moderate.
- Being able to concentrate on the matter at hand, under sometimes distracting work conditions and frequent interruptions during the day.
- Work requires regular attendance, punctuality, and adherence to agreed-upon schedule with willingness to work a flexible and/or rotating schedule and/or extended hours, as needed.